Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Prayer

Dear Father in heaven,
only You know what's best for me. Only You are powerful enough, wise enough, to guide me in what is right and good. i can't see my own way, and i can't walk in the path of goodness unless You lead me.

Give me only what i need to do Your will. Give me as much or as little as You will. Supply my need whenever You choose, and not according to my demands... Because i know that You will lead me on the path that brings best profit to my soul - whether i am given the desires of my heart or that they are withheld.

I ask you to teach me and help me to push away the voices that call and distract me... demanding from me until i am empty and burned out... left without strength or passion.
Cause me to still my soul before You right now... to fix my inner being on the vision of You... passionate, holy, afire with love.

Father, i need you to help me face the truth about the hungers that lie in my heart. i've become so good at letting other people see i'm a "good person" that i no longer truly know what is in my heart.

For every want that's in me, show me Your way to fill it. Feed my soul, Father so i will not allow the evil one to tempt me with his sweet offerings that leave a terrible gnawing and bitter after-taste.

I know that the purpose of my life is to have Your light and peace of Your presence in me... giving me the strength to overcome satan, the world and my flesh... I want to live by the Spirit. Teach me, allow Your living waters to flow. Help me to live for Your glory and Your glory alone.

No comments: