Wednesday, April 16, 2008

on leave today n d rest of the week.
went down to NUS at 830. bumped in XL n Grace on the train. saved a trip to go n view her wedding day photos. she is the only fren whose wedding i helped out dat didnt get 2 c wat went on! well well...
met the M1s b4 their physio paper. had McGriddles meal for breakfast in eng. was wonderfully surprised by the the maple syrup in the pancake thingys... went down to mass media spent $217.26 on books! i got myself a whole lot of reading 2 do! haha. well, not all for myself. also as gifts 4 others.

somehow i seemed 2 b so famished 4 books after the seemingly slow rate of reading since the beginning of this year due 2 busyness n fatigue. all this l change. i ve finished 4 books since last sat! they're rather easy reads tho. yet, i ve gleaned alot fr them - a sense of gratitude n appreciation for my mum, for those i hold dear, for the everyday small blessings in my life yet BIG in the way they hold me thru the grind of living, a new awe at Creation (Genesis), a tribute to friendship and love. i felt, after my first novel on sat, as if my brain went on a holiday. sometimes when u bring yourself on a hol, your brain doesnt really go on a hol... u know wat i mean? reading is to my brain like a ice-cold drink to my body on a hot day. so darn refreshing!

went for facial after my few hours combing thru bookshelves. was so very tired. came home 2 sleep till american idol. slept thru 5 missed calls n not a few sms-es even tho my hp was right by my ear. tho now it seems my day has turned into night once again. hope i can go back 2 sleep in a few hours' time instead of when the sun is next up.

had a rather fruitful day nonwithstanding. felt it a gr8 timing 2 begin fasting lunch with LB today n finally a renewed sense of purpose n passion came flooding back as i prayed. this i so desperately need cos it's the biggest reason for my tiredness n fatigue. i know of pp who can drift thru life without much thought on purpose, much less on passion. yet for me n some others i know, it's a slow but sure death for us when the 2 "P" words dissipate.

O Lord, come, direct us, renew us. help us 2 pray once again even tho words may fail. we push past our disappointments, our weariness, our questions n press on in to seek You. refresh us dat we may want 2 ask once again, dat we may know again. wipe away the tears, the grime, the cuts n bruises. make us lie down in green pastures, lead us to quiet waters. restore our soul.

No comments: