Friday, October 31, 2008

yesh... the celebrations have officially started on wed when the students surprised me by singing a birthday song after LM and gave me a slice of raspberry cheese cake...(or was it blueberry? LOL) my best friend (with grin on face) came over and say, "you dont like right? can i have it?" was surprised she actually knows i dont like berries. n yesh we decided that spinellis cakes are not as nice as other coffee joints.

was actually caught unaware of wat i wanted... couldnt tell when asked. had to think abt it on the way back on mrt...
n now that i think i have a slightly better idea... i think they've gone n bought the pressies already.

anyway, i find birthdays can be such a self-centred time... haha... yesh me saying it. friends of antiquity would tell ya that i ve been blessed with profuse celebrations all thru the years and mostly cos i perpetuated it. demanded it. wished it. i would pout and sulk and declare one not a friend if any dare to make less of THE birthday, much less forget. a friend who cannot even remember her parents' , boyfriend's birthdays can religiously remember mine. so yeah, i used to, and think still do, take my birthday WAY too seriously... m trying to 'unserious-ify' it over these past years... but havent reach total oblivion to my hatchday just yet. 

so, i ve decided to find a cave and hide on my birthday and find God. not go to work and wonder, expect myself to be lavished upon. will crawl out to have dinner with family at a "restaurant" under a hdb block.
so there you have it, my official statement of how i'll be spending my birthday. so dun need to ask liao. haha

it's times such as my birthdays that i painfully realise how much i adore myself, and allow myself to be adored. way too much for the good of my ego. i love myself, worship myself more than i should God. 

john 3:30. i need to be unEVANful. 

No comments: