Tuesday, September 22, 2009

everything's good here. i really feel overwhelming blessed.

d food's here's so good too! i was concerned that i wud miss rice since i m such a rice person. but... the dining center has been giving me rice at least 4 days out of the 8 that i've been here! n today... they actually had our kind of rice! u noe wat i mean? the past few days were mexican grains. today's tasted like Thai Fragrant rice! i was elated! God's so good to me! n on top of that, there's this Filipino who has brought a packet of rice n rice cooker! n we r sharing. well, i'm cooking. so we'll have dat rice whenever i finally get down to cook. =)

1 down thing is that my room's right in front of the BBQ compound. besides the lounge, people gather there to worship and have our Holy Ghost parties where they get drunk on..... well the Holy Ghost! so the noise of drums and guit, loud singing, and people praying n laughing hysterically is to be expected. what i didnt expect was the smoke.... they lit a fire for the past 3 nights. i had to close my window n door, stuff wet towel in the gaps where smoke can come in. n joanne claimed our things smelled.  oh well.

things have settled down well. work is getting due and so i've been hitting my book hard =) it's weird cos i have to take sometime to shake off my university studying mindset. it's very different here.  there's no pressure but the KS thing just auto on n i have to shut it down. i took time to shake off the thesis writing mode n tell myself, "hey, i'm doing my assignments not to score here. it's for me to learn. i can do it in whatever format, and ways i like."

main thing dat i have been doing is juz thanking God. 2 sit at the feet of spiritual giants and learn from them, staying with young people who are so on fire.... i'm really overwhelming blessed. it's heaven here on earth!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lighting an external fire in a bible school??

yw

evan said...

no not at my sch. at my dorm. at the BBQ area. at night. go check my facebook pics. u'll get what i mean... =)

Anonymous said...

oh i get it..i thought the bible students were lighting an "external" fire..a joke..:)

yw