Saturday, July 16, 2011

10 years ago i started my full-time career in a non-profit faith organisation. 10 years later, i start my career in part-time F&B "career". this is a rude and rough shock for me, to be on the "other" side of the dining experience. worked from 4pm-2am.

i feel like i'm more than 10 years late. youngsters who wants to work temp jobs go into F&B. in my late teens, young adult years, i managed to evade this route, despising the low pay and opting for jobs that bring me more than $20 an hour. yet now, having loads of working and management experience under my belt, i find myself rubbing shoulders, sweating and working alongside pp that i would never have before or otherwise. it's interesting. lots to learn.

the F&B outlet was pretty packed on a fri night. never, never start work in F&B on the weekend. it's c-ra-zy! v shiong. harder than running full marathon.

was so dead tired and hungry after working more than 10 hours but... working with so much good food and seeing loads of food wastes... dont have the appetite.

got alot of thoughts. alot of learning points for me. one such thing is how to eliminate wastes and encourage recycling or conservation practices in a fast-pace and stressful environment.

F&B pp are my new heroes. not easy. yet for those who love the adrenaline and satisfaction of feeding and serving with excellence, hat's off to you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i used to work at wang cafe as a kitchen helper/waiter...

yw