Monday, September 05, 2005

kids sharing Christ

yesterday was the beginning of my church's missions conference. the focus was on reaching our "Jerusalem". we demonstrated the sharing of the gospel using the wordless book. nearing the end of the service, i passed a wordless book to one of the kids who was at the back of the hall and i went thru the book with him (Caleb). He immediately turned to share with the boy (Ian) who was by this time drwan towards us. i was standing there listening to Caleb share and he really got it. i was so surprised. Caleb is 3 years old. n before long a group of pre schoolers gathered around and Ian was sharing with them what the wordless book was about!

man! talking about spiritual multiplers!

this is Jolyn's story. uneditted.
A few weeks ago, Evan gave me a booklet to share with my friend. It was about telling other people about Jesus.

She taught me how to share it and a few days later, during recess, I satdown with one of my best friend and read the booklet to her. When I asked her if she wanted to be a child of God, she agreed! After that, I prayed with her. That was when I knew that sharing the gospel with someone else was such an easy task. When I went home, I called Evan and told her the good news. She was elated and told me I had to invite her to church. Unfortunately, when I asked my friend if she had told her parents about it, she was afraid. I prayed with her again and told her to tell her parents. The following Sunday, I asked Evan for another booklet. The next day, I excitedly shared it with another friend. She too, agreed! I prayed with her the same prayer and after that I gave the booklet to her.

My next wish is that both of my friends would be able to come to church after our PSLE examinations.
- Jolyn, 12

No comments: