Sunday, June 18, 2006

somewhere along the way...her milk and cookies became her latte and biscotti

d 1st song reminded me that sometimes we go to God for other things rather than for Him - relationship, ministry, needs, wants... more often than not we pray or read the bible looking for God's answer to our problems, or relationship thingy (whatever have you)... failing to go to Him for Him... straining to get the answer we want, rather than hear wat He wants to tell us... it's a call back to the heart of worship. it's so nice to hear Him call me, beckon me, hasten me to Him. telling me dat it's about Him, not ministry, not persons, not needs (not mine or others')... it's so wonderful, so humbling, n so heart-wrenching.
--
later at youth, we did a guys'/ gals' talk thingy. sitting there i feel the issues and stuff brought up seem like a lifetime away. which was kinda true cos i m twice the age of some present. i ve actually lived a lifetime more than them! i got this "been-there-done-that" feeling (which i get alot since hanging out wif them)- things dat r so impt to them, d thrills, how they fill their dayz, wat they look foreward to... [now dis is not derogatory!]

Angel had a slide today dat had a pic of a little girl, and her as a woman. and it says "somewhere along the way, Laurie's milk and cookies became her latte and biscotti". yeah.. along the way, i became an adult. yesterday's mountains are molehills compared to today's... yester years' youth vs adults complains... took on another perpective simply cos i crossed over the chasm and now the youths see me as 'the adults'!

so i'm like living out my teenhood backwards!
played soul calibur and fatal frame for the first time! my thumb is still hurting from pressing n turning the joystick! i was lamenting about the waste of precious hours n some1 said dats how they'd rather spend their time! whoa... haha... going thru the adolescent years in my twenties!

initially, it was hard being in youth. they made sure i know i was way older than them, n not part of the group. after sometime, they got used to me. guess they realised i m gonna be here anyway so tolerate lor... hee. then, they began 2 open up, share more, ask more. Thank God! today, Char told me Gissy said she liked talking to me. dat felt very consoling.

well, i'll get used to the disorientation soon. yeep n kim kept saying (since eons ago) dat i've never been a youth - i skipped the adolescence part n went str fr kid to adult! n i ve never been a youth person. but God called me here to s-t-r-e-t-c-h me. there's much 2 learn. hang on 4 the ride! ganbade!

No comments: