Sunday, November 22, 2009

read "Love has a face" by Michele Perry. it's about her doing ministry in war-torn Sudan. 
amazing book. praise God!

3 steps to ministry success in Iris Ministry (Sudan), p73:
step 1: every morning wake up.
step 2: Ask Jesus what He is doing that day - not what He wants you to do, but what He is already doing.
step 3: Go join Him. 

Holy desperation became the context for holy demonstration. Dignified has never changed the world. Desperate has. (p 65)

Jesus let me love with Your love and see with Your eyes. show me what it means to be the expression of Your heart to those around me.... love did have a face: mine. (p55)

this love does not start with a good program. it cannot. it starts with being in love, being intimately connected to Jesus. it starts with knowing first that i am loved. i cannot give what i do not have. it is supernatural. it cannot be apart from Him. All living fruit in my life has come only from a living relationship with Him. (p52)

pray with me this prayer adapted from what Perry wrote at the end of the book:
"i ask right now, Holy Spirit, that You wash over me and fill me with Your perfect love. give me child-eyes to see the invitation of the unpaved road draw me deeper into Your heart, that i may live all of life from the place of knowing how loved i m. Papa, wrap Your arms around me. let me hear the songs You sing over me in the night. Let them know the place i have in Your house. Let me now that You love me.
i ask You, Papa, to stir hunger in me and call forth the dreams You have placed in my heart that i have not even dared to embrace. Take me lower in humility, deeper in intimacy and higher in revelation. i ask that you submerge me in Your fiery presence until they are see-through in love and carry Your glory wherever i go. 
i ask You for a movement of love to begin one life at a time that will literally change nations from the inside out. teach me how to dance in the storm, and let me live a life of love without limit. Amen." 

No comments: