Saturday, December 31, 2005

letter to 2005

dear 2005,

i shan't pretend i'd miss you. on the contrary, i'm glad u r gonna b over. well, i m not looking forward to 2006 either. it's kinda terrifying actually... lots of things in store dat i'd need lots of faith, grace, everything for.

well, let's juz tok abt you. you have been so tough. the toughest so far for me. i've never rapped so hard, got so poor, walked so far, ate n slept so little.

but you've not been all bad. i do give thanks for you. because u've been so challenging, i found myself stretched n grown in ways i've never thot i could. my capacity increased. i never thot i could take this much crap. i've changed so much. understood better who i m, wat i m made of, wat i made for...

the chance to travel to Maldives, Aceh, US. and c n experience so many different things, met and made precious new friends, maintaining n deepening of relationships.n e reconciliation of relationships:2 dat seemed lost, but restored. i m more than thankful.

i m amazed at how close God is to me... how He knew wat i need and have been so faithful. how He renewed my vision n calling, how He gave me strength dat kept me going, faith that kept me from doubting, love dat kept me tender.

i look at you, and say with all joy and gratitude that God has made it all good.

thank you 2005.

love, evan

No comments: