Monday, January 01, 2007

wow so fast it's 2007!! sorry had been busy! For the 1st time in years… I was actually looking forward to this new year! haha...

praise God for His faithfulness in seeing us through 2006. came back from a wonderful student conference - Metamorphosis 2006 (26-30th dec). spent the last moments of 2006 and the 1st few of 2007 in church counting down. Rev Soh gave a very good message on Heb 12 and also turning our attention to Ecc 3. it was on covenants, since it was covenant service. there are 6 covenants... all of those in the OT point to Christ. and pastor brought out that the best dat we can ever do is to know the calling that God has for us and to live it - that's the best life. (and i realised... i've got it... my best life... now it is for me to stay on track, to run this race with perseverance and faithfulness, not swerving to the right nor left... but with passion, singleness of purpose, purity and power from on high)

was out sharing Christ in Bishan as part of Meta… we went around asking people for what they are thankful for in 2006. I was so shocked that most people say they got nothing. Was such a contrast at 1130pm 31st dec in church when so many people went up to give thanks for things great and small… I felt so uplifted hearing all these wonderful thanksgivings, after a wonderful message… and of course… was tingling with excitement (yesh despite my ripe old age of 27 I was still excited at the countdown!) and wen yeep did the countdown, I recalled D n I leading the congregation to countdown (now.. which year was that?) years back at Covenant service too! I felt so joyful and so contented. Thanksgiving overflowed from within. I love this church! Haha…

and after the countdown, instead of saying “Happy New year!” Yeep told us to say “Praise God!” which I tot was so so much more meaningful. Anyway was so glad I was there counting down in church than anywhere else. Frie asked me to go somewhere else 4 countdown but I m so glad I was resolved to go church for covenant service. after the Lord's supper, we were given paper n envelope to write our new year resolution to God… I had so much to write! Man…

Wanted to go for the prayer session from 8pm b4 the service… but was shopping wif sis till late so missed it… was so tiring shopping la… but was glad 2 have spent it wif her.

sent off D as well... cos she going to her fiance's church from now on... after service... she came over n tok... could see her "yi yi bu se"... dunno if it was my defence mechanism or wat... i din feel much... she hugged and kissed me... once on the cheek n another time on the hand when she held onto it not wanting to let go even when she walked out of the door... haiz... juz kinda sad wen i tink of gwen's sharing anf giving thanks to God for yeep n how they grew tog n even now growing their families in church tog... i felt a pang within wishing that my friends n i were in the same church instead of them all leaving... we ll have to grow "up" in diff churches... haiz..

Here’s the personal prayer covenant

i am no longer my own but Yours. Put me to what You will, rank me with whom You will, put me to doing, put me to suffering; let me be employed for You or laid aside for You; exalted for You or brought low for You; let me be full, let me be empty; let me have all things, let me have nothing. i freely and wholeheartedly yield all things to Your pleasure and disposal. and now, Holy Spirit, You are mine and i am Yours. Amen.

No comments: