Saturday, September 01, 2007

Happy teachers' day to all you 'Chers out there!

got a surprise sms from M1 lois last night:
dunno if this is techincally accurate. but i don't think there's a disciplers' day..so happy teachers' day Evan! x) may God's truth be your joy each day. thank you for giving :-) glad for you.Heh.
(31 aug 12.20am)
n this (after i replied w smthg like "thanks, you've blessed my soul. refreshing surprise..."):
heeh :-D i know you have been a blessing to me and many others. Even though, you know, we've only known each other two months :p God bless the work of your hands :-)

blogging this cos i felt really blessed and appreciated. esp since i didnt expect it. and it's amazingly timely too since today started out to be a dreadfully sian day for me! n seriously, besides the God-orchestrated lessons, i blame it on PMS. argh.

woke up to the reality that i had mistakenly set the alarm clock to 7PM instead of AM. had trouble waking up (wat's new). decided to take cab so as not to be late for M2 DG at 930. walked to quite a few places n taxi stands but got pp. finally got onto a cab whose driver took me on a big round 2 get to PIE (very much to my displeasure). cab fare - $18.90, being late 30min nonetheless - priceless. argh.

the only thing i could find to give thanks for was that last night's prayer to have the ache of knowing how much we need God (kindly prefer to below) was being answered even till now; that everything inside of me was whining, growling, sulking; that this had put me in a place of need n i desperately know i need God.

my DG gals knew it. cos they could see it. and i had to confess it. and i felt it was all the better for us all to see the vulnerability, the struggle, the growl during the not-so-good days, and to see that i m really not-so-gotten-together.

and re-reading lois' sms b4 my N2 DG at 3pm, something hit home. i knew i needed joy. today i walked ard like Oscar the grouch. her "may God's truth be your joy each day" was something i do need. n i realised i needed to claim n live God's truth even in my "argh-i-ness" and make His Word my joy, my delight. to delight in His truth, His statues, His laws, His ways. well, that helped.

another thing that helped was God showing me and reminding me how He really works in me during DG. i really do enjoy sharing the truths and seeing the gals getting wide-eyed n the invisible light-bulb going on in their mind. n i m humbled that it really is God n i, n honoured that He chose to use me.

besides that, it was a keener awareness of my needs for Him, for support, for prayers, for love. and the day ended well with spending time with lb, dinner, work n all.

came home after midnight n got my cheques from cashing out my investments. i didnt lose that much in the market crash afterall. after i decided to cut my losses, i felt so guilty abt being a bad steward n prayed so hard that my losses wouldnt b that bad. well, the markets picked up juz b4 i sold. Praise God!

a masterful writing of yet another day by the Author of life, i must say. it's another "wow!" to God. applause.

No comments: