Wednesday, September 26, 2007

went to pierce my ears today. finally got it done! the 1st time was 10 years ago, n i had let both sides closed up. had a little shock when it hurt more than i rem! my ear lobes are fiercely red for an hour or two and whenever i accidentally touch it, like when i changed out of my clothes, or tugged my hair behind my ear, it shot a biting protest to my brain.

had the extra push from shu-en when after a dg hearing abt me walking in the bazar looking at ear rings, she went n bought a pair for me. she had wanted to give me last fri but we missed each other. so yesterday at AGM, she gave me. it brings a smile to my fave juz recalling how she was kinda excited abt it all, and tried to add suspense saying, " i got something for you, but i'm not giving u now" wif a twinkle in her eye. i wondered if she knew i didnt have pierced ears like her.

so yeah,,, now nursing my throbbing ears... n hopefully soon enuf can wear the nice doggy ear rings she gave.

charm sms me on mon to say sge missed me. so nice 2 noe!

had OA141 meeting tonight. such a load off my shoulders that we got our timeline out and we are launching on 7 oct. the comm was gr8 and so bursting with ideas i had a little bit of difficulty getting them back fr throwing ideas to settling on some to work on and putting into our schedules. but yeah. m glad we settled the prog n work for the next 6 weeks!

i ve learnt alot abt myself these past 2 weeks.
thru staff summit n connect conf n juz working n doing min.

i've learnt that i blame myself ALOT. way too much. i have to learn to regulate and be fair to myself in that way.
i've learnt that to love means to give up always having to be right.
love covers a multitude of sins/wrongs.
love is patient, love is kind, love does not keep a record of wrongs...love bears all things.
to love is to give up my self-righteousness.
yet at the same time, not to take up being wrong when there's no wrongs on my part to bear.

i've come to deeper realisation of what it means that the Lord is our vindicator, our advocate, our mediator. and how He takes on slime, slander and blame EVERYDAY abt His character, abt what He has allowed in the world... n how we cannot even take being maligned for a sec. we try to fight n get justice for ourselves etc.

i've learnt to ask, "what is the Christ-like thing to do in this situation?" not so like the WWDJ question which i tihnk has become more a cliche that a help.

i've learnt to lean on others, to receive their support and love. to trust in them being able to catch me.

i've learnt to learn, unlearn, relearn. huge difference these 3.

No comments: