Friday, May 12, 2006

overnight prayer

had an overnight prayer in church. glad i went cos within an hour i felt a refreshment of my spirit... somthing i so desperately need. i felt my spiritual tank being refilled. God's presence was so strong in the place. n i felt there's much breakthru in the spiritual realm re wat we prayed 4. was glad 2 c a number of youths there in the 1st watch. hope to c more next time...
we need to pray. it's the most impt work we can do yet the least done. n we ask y things r so screwed up? or y does revival tarry?

some things dat spoke personally to me: Pastor's devotion on Ps 86
Teach me your way, O LORD,
and I will walk in your truth;
give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.
psalm 86:11

the song: I serve a God who is faithful. it didn't hit me at first, but we sang this over n over again and then it was a "hammer" moment - a moment when the Holy Spirit has to hit me on the head so dat i can "get it". i then realised that God was telling me something personal thru this:
I serve a God
who is faithful and true
i will hide
in the shelter of your wings
for i find my rest
in Your faithfulness
yes i serve a faithful God
---
i'm surprised God is showing me so much re the church more so since the beginning of dis year. of course it is needed so dat i can effectively lead worship n pray. i guess, i want dat kind of clarity re med min as well.

3 comments:

Sngs Alumni said...

Jennifer Knapp writes the most wonderful lyrics... you've just highlighted one of my favourite songs/poems of all time.

Sngs Alumni said...

Ooh, and I haven't been here in a while; I hope your leg is feeling much, much better!

evan said...

hey! nice 2 hear fr u gal! GOD IS FAITHFUL! entrust your next steps to Him...