Monday, May 29, 2006

so many things happened over the weekend... let's c...

led worship for sat. DISASTER. after the power failure, keyboardist said the keyboard was too soft, the mode was wrong etc. her intro was diff fr wat we pract. i couldnt really hear her... n somehow so absolutely couldnt get the key...went irretrievably wrong.. so i had to stop and tell everyone, "i'm sorry! let's start again!" man dat was so embarrassing!! every1 was so gracious tho. but all i wanted to do was to hide my face!! i look at the Guests-of-honour and VIPs in front n i can juz die! i keep telling myself, "get over it" over n over again but juz cant. so so embarrassed! argh! wat was funny was dat steven seriously said dat he thinks the keyboard was off key!

sun worship. still had the lingering fear... n was very pitchy during the pract. went well. tho oso went off on some notes. But m amazed... so so many people came up to me to say it was very very good. P David n Betty had always said how much they've heard fr God thru the worship sessions. dat it's out of a heart of worship n not 2 perform. Wendy said she loved my sweet voice! i m seriously shocked. cos frankly... i feel i cannot sing. charlotte (charmaine's mom) assuringly said, "can, ur voice can." i told her dat i took up leading not cos i can sing, but cos i felt i can lead. (noe d diff?) n thanks deqi 4 ur encouragement.(since u tagged me, i noe u read my blog!!) i really m privileged 2 haf you as my musician!

anyway this is really out of my weakness... not my strength. n i learnt this- God doesnt always use pp in their strengths... at least for me... it's been despite n inspite of my weaknesses, struggles, scars, failings... warts n all. so dat i noe it's Him... not me. His grace is sufficient.

P david's farewell on sun. will miss them. i ve learnt much fr him n betty's quiet, unassuming, gentle spirit has miraculously blessed me much.

p Raphael is back. it's been so long! 14 years! wow. n his willingness to learn n hear fr me... i m humbled!

congrats lyn!
i m super broke this month n next... n come nov oso... weddings weddings n more weddings! n they have 2 b held in atas restaurants lor! cant believe it! it's like 100 bucks every red packet lah! i m so happy 4 my frens... but my pocket's so aching! n not 2 mention i really need to get a gown! man!

2 comments:

herzfeuer said...

my dad told me of this short illustration/story.

one church service the pastor opened the pulpit for the audience to do public readings of psalm 23.

the first person to come up was an educated young man who was dressed smartly. he gave the most eloquent reading of psalm 23 they'd ever heard, full of emotion and all.

the second person to come up was a greying old man in a simple t-shirt. his voice was close to a croak, and he'd pause often. but by the end of his reading, the whole congregation was in tears.

it's not the quality of the item itself, but the move of the Spirit that causes the work to be done... which in turn depends on how Spirit-filled the speaker is.

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»