Monday, May 01, 2006

"y do i keep doing dis 2 my nerves...?!"

dat s wat i ask myself every music pract n worship i lead! i get so spooked singing up in front even if the congregation dun get spooked by my singing! really... n u think it'll get better after so many times! ha!

abi tot she'll take a break n not come 4 music pract... n it was a disaster! i usu look 2 her 4 voice coaching... n then i din noe how 2 help d keyboardist wif the songs... i noe a little of wat i wan wif the guit n drums n can help in dat but.. keyboard?!?! yep i noe where all the notes r (as opposed to guit!) but i cant put a piece of music tog! so i juz basically hear the keyboard, i noe wat i wan... but i dunno how to help her play wat i want! so much for trying a hand at music direction! thankfully yesterday, DQ was there so he could help wif guit n drums better than me...

was good nevertheless... quite liked how we handled e music! today vince n abi din come (thankfully she told me earlier so i din panic) but i dunno how 2 wire my amp! so couldnt hear myself. think i went off for "The Offering", n "Give us clean hands" was a key too low 4 me... but e "How great is our God" acapella was simply wonderful! barry backed-up, DQ harmonised... so glad we went ahead n sang it despite me telling e band so last min, n pastor coming up. i nearly juz gave d mic 2 him! immediately after, kimi took my hand n whispered "it was so beautiful...!"(during benediction!)

D said my singing improved. really think u get better (at anything) wif pract..so maybe i shd lift up my dusty piano cover! n oh...K box any1?

really love my sis, bro n mom lor... so supportive! my bro always gives feedback at home - where i went off, wat was gd/bad etc. n these 2 times he tells me i was good right outside d worship hall. he rox!

No comments: