Monday, December 11, 2006

right now, i m very stressed with coming up with the student notes for Meta workshop. i tell ya, i ve worked at this for the longest time n yet... the pieces are not falling together. think maybe tonight cannot sleep!
n, i m very discouraged at the min sign-up for meta. we've worked at it lor...
Lord... pls come and take our efforts, our labour... and make it good in Your name. if i've been doing it in my own strength, (which i have been examining myself lots), forgive me and help me...

yesterday i fumbled irretrievably at singing "Everyday"! seems like i always outdo my own mistakes in leading worship! oh well...
attended 3 services... was pretty hungry for worship and Word.
what i took home from the process:
we need to go back to the Word always! faith comes from hearing, hearing the word of God.
For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. (heb 4:12)
our faith MUST be based on the Word... we need to build biblical faith. anything else is blind, weak, false.
i need to be a preacher of a Theo(God)-centric gospel, not an ego(man)-centric gospel.
i need to shift thru my messages as well as songs i choose... that they dont perpetuate an ego-centric Christianity, or further fuel the consumer mentality - what can God do for me, what can the church do for me me me!
and, actually, my church service/sermon is not dat bad!

God... let us be people who seek
not just Your blessings... but YOU.
not just to receive gifts from Your hand but to behold Your face
help us to desire You.

No comments: