Sunday, April 09, 2006

highlight of my day

XL bought me a book! she s one of those (actually my only fren) who meticulously wraps books. she presented me a nicely wrapped "Going the Distance: How to stay fit for a lifetime of ministry". i was so excited! if i were to go into a bookstore to pick a book, this is the book i'd pick! n of course in her usual clinical, succint, pointedness, her note reads: "For you. continue to go the distance for the Lord." means so much... not juz cos she s so terribly dear to me... know me for more than half my life! but also the pertinent message of d book (dun get me started on dat! i got lots to say!)

the write-up behind says: "the Christian ministry is not a sprint; it s a marathon, a long term race, requiring noy just inital enthusiasm and ability, but staying power."

haha... i always say my min is a marathon... coming to med got me started liking long distance running... (sprinting dun work here). when i was younger, i hated running... i'd run my 2.4 in sprints n walks... which really doesnt work dat well. sure i get my "A" (now was it A or gold? cant rem!) but by yr2 in JC... XL always overtakes me ard 1.4... she starts slow... runs consistently n picks up her pace as she goes... n i m left eating her dust.

well well, as it turns out... this evening's weather is great. juz woke fr my usual sunday recharging nap... n was feeling to lazy to run... n was doling out excuses... now dat i ve blogged this... think i should be changing into my running gear... ifnot, i wont be ready for my half m at the end of d yr... need to keep my end in mind! so ciao for now.

No comments: