Sunday, April 02, 2006

of poems, apples n bananas

slept only 90min b4 going 2 church this morning... thot i d die... din!

D showed me e poem her darling wrote her titled 'Cognitive Dissonance'. wah... was so impressed! so moved! asked 2 publish poem or part of it on my blog. she paiseh... pending Yuppie reply... y cant i find a guy who writes poetry?! y they cant sing, cant write, cant dance?!?!?! n people ask me y i m still single?!?! *sulks* (no lah... dat's not my criteria. i m not dat shallow! er.... yah!i'm not dat shallow) D told me no need guy write, i write for my muse lor...

write? i refuse
no longer enthuse
wat's d use?
lost my muse
now a recluse

haha... had such a gr8 time after youth! juz dunno y we were in such a K song mood... sang Deng Li Jun's songs, "i don't wanna close my eyes...", weilun started singing "dang ni gu dan"... me took guit fr yanquan n played... then played "tong Hua" (e song he kept singing during announcements) d others joined in... so fun!

went swensons' cos yanquan wanna treat... he going 2 serve God n our country dis sat! i noe i said it alot of times juz now... but... THANKS Yan Quan! b assured of our con't prayers! go in the courage, strength, wisdom and favour of our Lord.

shared food wif charmaine, shared apple crumble wif An Ee... playing wif spoons, getting all psyched up abt dessert. here the story unfolds...

[comes by with the hot plate]
waitress: apple crumble?
[evan n An Ee signal to her. waitress places hot plate on the table n then pours bananas in, then the syrup. evan n An Ee look shocked]
An Ee: er.. apple crumble?
waitress: yah, apple crumble. [notices it's NOT apples but bananas on the plate] EH!!!!

i can still remember e look on An ee's face (which i think mirrored mine). he looked incredulous. we laughed n laughed. hey guy, (who insists, n i concur, dat we both ve e same gr8 taste!), if u cant stand having same msg ringtone... u change lah! haha... =p

some delightful mouthfuls later...

Charmaine: [takes spoon fr evan's hand, scoops apple crumble, feeds evan. says in a serious tone] you were the apple of my eye...
[evan's eyes wide with alarm, eats the crumble. Charmaine, scoops crumble n continues] you are the apple of my eye... you will always be e apple of my eye... until the end of time...

errr... next time, i'll juz go for the banana crumble.

usually i'll walk home from d outside bus stop or fr interchange. but when i got off the bus, i felt led 2 take the 2nd bus which stops beside my blk. my bus had barely moved 10m fr the bus stop when it poured! tho i had umbrella i would still be soaked 2 d skin if i had walked! i reached home wif umbrella unopened in my hand cos got sheltered walkway to my blk.. thank God. guidance comes in small ways, 4 small things too!

No comments: