Sunday, July 09, 2006

lessons of the weekend

worship went great today! i realised this... the "bad" worship day n d good ones r actually all in my head... the bad ones are not really bad! the bad worship day i mentioned 2 weeks ago was noticeable only 2 me. my bro n friends said it was gd...oh? *shoulder shrug*
today, praise the Lord His presence was so strong! so many people came up to me to thank me for the worship. i was like huh? y thank me?

today started out shakey... vince forgot to bring the key for the music cupboard... so we had to wait for rescue... set up late, i couldnt hear myself real bad. ears r more blocked today than ytd. but since yesterday i took it fr Him dat He wants me to go ahead despite my illness, i was like ok God... it's Yours. and He really came. it was amazing! tho not without me struggling. told my back-up dat i'll be gross. put my tissue (green with my spit!) on the stand we shared... n my ventolin puff, water bottle etc. was tough cos the phlegm keeps getting stuck in my throat as i sang, i hear as if i m underwater, n i cant breathe properly. i was struggling so bad. But it was really Him at work. even i was so touched.
n today's sermon was so powerful! praise God for His word! shall blog d prophetic word God gave the guest speaker for our church wen pastor email us. wow.

things i ve learnt thru this week of illness: 1. be faithful. 2. God's strength is made perfect in my weakness. i get to see how He works in me, thru me. very cool. if i din obey God n got a last min replacement for worship i wouldnt have seen how God worked thru this. 3. God has appointed specific people to do specific jobs. i feel He has planned in detail who leads worship for when (even tho it seems like it's the music dir who sets the schedule). each worship leader has her own strength n giftings n anointing dat i ve found God place to lead His people to worship at appointed times. i came for worship n came out of this whole experience having a strong sense dat today's worship session was meant by God for me to lead. eg like last week, it seemed dat Angie was ordained to lead, juz like i felt today i was. i would have missed this appointment if i let illness (or anything else eg laziness etc) to get in the way.

No comments: