Tuesday, January 24, 2006

everyone needs someone

i finish Memoirs last thurs... got alot of thots on dat... but will write more on dat after i;ve watched the movie... anyway, one thing dat hit me fr dat was the influence of a mentor...

Sayuri had Mameha... n she flourished under her. Pumpkin had Hatsumomo... n even though Pumpkin hated Hatsumomo... the latter's bitter spirit rubbed off unto Pumpkin who eventually bore hatred towards Sayuri dat resulted in her exacting 'revenge' instead of being able to receive love and rebuild the friendship between them.

everyone needs someone to mentor... and whether u know it or not, both come away from it changed. something abt the mentor, as well as something of the mentee gets rubbed off and onto the other...

was home last thurs evening. was trying to finish reading Memoirs when mom started talking to me. she shared how the lady she was mentoring was growing so much, was struggling with a big trial etc... i was glad dat she had my mom to journey wif her. she grew so much in such a short time and not just her... but it seems she helped my mom as well. it seemed mom's ministry calling n gifting is getting clearer from where God has been placing her and what God has been using her in.

then mom went on to share abt her own struggles etc etc... i was a little impatient to get on with my reading, yet, something nudged me. listen. be all here. i put my book down and listened. after her sharing, mom actually thanked me for being home, for listening to her! 2x!! i almost cried. she didn't have to thank me. she did cos it is sucha rarity! it just shows how often i m not home, how little i sit to listen! will try to be ard more often.

No comments: