Friday, October 06, 2006

i battle with Morning everyday. and without fail, i'd lose horribly. He overwhelms me with fatigue, sees to it that i'd struggle to get up from my bed & sniggers as i stumble around the house trying to gather myself. just today while my alarms went off at 0530, 0600, 0530 n 0730, he taunted me saying i don't have it in me to face him, that i was pathetic... & late. & he was... right. i hate Morning! why cant he just leave me alone? why must he have me concussed and zombified? what have i done to have deserved this?
one day, i'll triumph over Morning. i'll not be wasted nor wash-ed out. i'll be alert and ready to meet him. I'll show him who's boss!
---
n tonight, i got on the bus on at 1130...check-out took way long. but enjoyed my time. reach home way after 12... yawn... was another long day...
---
who would've thought today s the day i'd get the answers i had pined and whined for. she admitted to her crimes yet pleaded insanity. i kept asking "Why?" today... n i got answers in return... answers dat eluded me, kept me awake, kept me crying, kept me hurting for so long. truth betold, it was not i that was broken n yet got broken. the "sorry" was long overdue & yet fell disappointingly short. not because i wanted more. on the contrary, it only was wat i needed.it fell short because it only came solicited.

teared in the middle of check-out as fear n horror crept up on me... i'd swear a chill ran down my spine. i looked at her. wat if...i fail her juz like i've been? No... it will not happen. God forbid.

No comments: