Monday, October 09, 2006

re Morning (con't)

went to bed way early to put into pract wat i had blogged previously. had a good 7 hours of sleep b4 waking up at 530 today. but after turning of my alarm, a million alarms went off in my head nonetheless. the only way to stop them was to go back to bed... sigh. i forcibly started up my CPU... i was up groping along the kitchen marbled cabinet top trying to fix up my ritualistic milo at the time i usually go to bed. my mum's usual resigned sigh (when she finds me at my work desk or reading still at 530) was replaced by concerned puzzlement. i mumbled, "I'm going down to NUS"...

was reminded of everything i hated about Morning! the sluggish traffic, the dehumanisation of drowsy throngs of uniformed students and power-suited working class packed like sardines on public transport. every inch of my grey matter was screaming, every bit of me breaking out in frustrated allergy to Morning.

apart from my natural inclination to the nocturnal, i wondered how much of my dislike of Morning is a choice, a cultured distaste, a nurtured habit over d years. i resent being part of the shuffling crowd n chose to go against d tide of plodding, trodding masses.

i was piffed at the half-filled buses that refused to stop n let me board. was it even ethical?! but hmm... wat does ethics got to do wif this? sigh... nevermind. who says my brain is working? got to NUS late, hot n bothered.

y m in NUS so early? well.. for something i deem important enuf... n finally haf enuf determination to not "juz be there in spirit" which i had been doing for sometime. i even got into GC earlier than anyone... but still, i marvel at how pp can do this... sigh...

Euge asked me wat's so special today that i was down so early. i answered that "everyday is special wat...this is the day the Lord has made". today is different fr any other that came b4, or is to come. and, i guess that helped set some things into perspective.

so now... to work!

No comments: