Tuesday, November 08, 2005

26


i tot i'd not like being 26... it's kinda like slightly over the hill?? yah... like 25 is it... n 26.. over....
but really...actually hiting 26, i kinda like being 26! i surprised myself abt dat too! i feel good being 26!! in fact, i feel so good about life and being alive! there's so much to be thankful for!

n... being 26 means i've walked and lived n learnt this much n this long... (long enuf dat being called "jie Jie" is a stretch n being called "aunty" seems right!) ...know quite a bit, experienced quite a bit, got jaded, burnt, understood life better, dropped my childish dreams to exchange for adult ones yet renewed my vision n 're-believed' in miracles n fairy tales, hurt n got healed, hated n learnt forgiveness n love, gave up being 'tiao er lang dang' n learnt discipline...

yet, 26 is still young! there's so much more to look forward to, to grow, to love, to enjoy!

it's juz so cool to haf God in my life, to haf such purpose n hope n love n joy! i mean really.. without Him, i would have killed myself years ago... n even if i havent, would have ended up in so much of a mess i'd b a ghost of a human. no kidding.

at this point, standing on this "road of life" n looking down d road and looking back up, i can say... it's all good! thank You Jesus!


from my QT today:
Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup;
you have made my lot secure.
The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
surely i have a delightful inheritance.
i will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me.
I have set the Lord always before me.
because he is at my right hand,
i will not be shaken.
Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
my body also will rest secure,
because you will not abandon me to the grave,
nor will you let your HOly One see decay.
You have made known to me the path of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
-PSALM 16:5-11

No comments: