Friday, November 25, 2005

In Her shoes

In her shoes… (check out my "now reading" channel in the moving screen in the side bar below)the book into movie thingy… Cameron Diaz as Maggie feller… good casting on dat one I say…! It’s juz so fun reading n guessing about which parts will make it into the movie… thinking also how I would do it. I miss directing… not particularly writing but directing. Sigh…I used to be good at writing… note USED. Until my grammar left me… lost my command of the language… guess I was too bossy… sigh… din work out… miss acting too…! Rather badly tho… but rehearsal timings never fit my work schedules… so… re theatre, it’s solely playing the audience for me. hmm…. A thot… I’d make a good Rose Feller…! Haha…

Anywayz… back to In Her Shoes. Bu thinks Little Earthquakes is Weiner’s best book. Little Earthquakes was masterful but I really didn’t appreciate the O&G tutorials…

I guess wat endears In Her shoes to me is the conflict between sisters (something not alien to me!) and the finding of oneself… it’s a wee bit late for the 30-year-old n 28 year-old 2 figure out… but well.. one’s gotta do wat one’s gotta do no matter how old… better late than never… n so… here’s a toast to “discovering who u are”. Cheers! (side note: bought 2 copies of a teens novel titled becoming me. sounds cool huh? Btw, Michael, I’ve completed my Christmas shopping at Mass Media liao. So u need to wait k?)

and of course, my one great love- poetry!! there's poems and lit lects in the book!! loved the discourse! will blog abt the poems inside soon..

Another plus: the DOGS in the novel! Yeah yeah… schnauzers, pugs, greyhounds… blah… blah…
love dogs… D n I divided dogs into 2 categories… the smart-looking n the stupid-looking ones… she likes the latter… me?? hahaha…
my fav- The Siberian Husky!! Not in S’pore’s weather tho… but spoke to some experts n husky owners… they do fine here nevertheless…

nearly owned a dog… mom brought a dog into our flat on my 21st birthday… wasn’t exactly thrilled being awoken by the shrill yelpings of a terrified i-dunno-wat-breed. Thot it impractical to keep it… dun have time for it… (same excuse I used to give people who ask me re BFs! effectively “commodity-fying” the male species! i dun do dat now... trust me) Drove it back to my uncle… got into a car accident…! On my 21st birthday…! -( been dog-less hence.

No comments: