Monday, November 14, 2005

Fragile

as i interact with people, i m reminded time n again of how fragile we all are... how easily the ego and esteem crumbles... we carry around a broken image of self; a nagging sense of falling short; a haunting shadow of our past, the still raw n gaping wounds inflicted by 'human friction' (that causes us to still jump in pain at the slightest touch); tons of ammunition and defence tactics to guard ourselves from hurt; a gnawing fear of failure and rejection; a desperate need to be liked, accepted and loved... each to different measure... yet each just as needy.

EVERYONE... as i look into their eyes, listen to them... there's more to the smile n cordiality; the cheerfulness masking insecurity.

FRAGILE! handle each one with love and TLC!
how can we not, if we have the love of Christ shed abroad in our hearts? how can not if we no longer regard any one in the worldly perspective? His love compels me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I agree we should be sensitive to others. We should care for each other, just as Christ has commanded us to.

We all have a fragile heart, big ego... but if we can learn to be less proud, less sensitive & don't take things personal. We will be less self-centred.

Respect is important to me but I was reminded by our Father that if my respect for myself is MORE than my respect for Him & if my desire to "be respected" hurts others, then something is wrong.

It means I am loving myself MORE than our Father....

It will be so so sad....